Forum - Questions & Answers

Nov 23rd, 2010 - NJrzyMom

Wound Dressing Change

Patients who come in s/p sugery by another physician and have a dressing cleanse & change - what CPT® code would I charge?

0 Votes - Sign in to vote or reply.
Nov 23rd, 2010 - koatsj 160 

wound dressing change

Were the dressing changes done under anesthesia? If so, you can then use 15852.

0 Votes - Sign in to vote or reply.
Nov 24th, 2010 - jschmutz   323 

E/M for dressing change

If your physician is not part of the same group as the physician that did the surgery then you would just bill the E/M code, the dressing change would be included in the visit. If physician is part of the same group then this is a normal part of the global post-op and is not a reportable service.

If dressing change was done under anesthsia then see above comment.

0 Votes - Sign in to vote or reply.

Home About Contact Terms Privacy

innoviHealth® - 62 E 300 North, Spanish Fork, UT 84660 - Phone 801-770-4203 (9-5 Mountain)

Copyright © 2000-2021 innoviHealth Systems®, Inc. - CPT® copyright American Medical Association