Forum - Questions & Answers

Aug 24th, 2010 - sla696

PRP Injection

We have a patient that received a PRP injection. The rep brought the medication (we will be invoiced for the med). Per the note, the injection was in the tendon sheath. Because this is CA Workers' Comp, I am leaning toward 20550 and billing the medication. Is there another code I can use that I may be missing. Thanks.

0 Votes - Sign in to vote or reply.
Aug 24th, 2010 - jschmutz   323 


When a category III code exists then you MUST use that code. As of 7/1/10 there is an assigned code to describe PRP injection and this is what you should NOW be using.

0232T—Injection(s), platelet rich plasma, any site, including image guidance, harvesting and preparation when performed.

If your physician is injecting PRP or PDGF or anything similar then you need to report 0232T.

If it is appropriate for your office to bill for the plasma then use:

P9020 Platelet rich plasma, each unit

0 Votes - Sign in to vote or reply.

Home About Contact Terms Privacy

innoviHealth® - 62 E 300 North, Spanish Fork, UT 84660 - Phone 801-770-4203 (9-5 Mountain)

Copyright © 2000-2021 innoviHealth Systems®, Inc. - CPT® copyright American Medical Association