Quality Measures Finalized for 2019December 18th, 2018 - Wyn Staheli, Director of Research
CMS recently announced that the quality measures for 2019 have been finalized. There are new eligible clinicians so be aware of how that may affect your organization. New ECs are:
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Qualified speech-language pathologists
- Qualified audiologists
- Clinical psychologists
- Registered dietitian or nutrition professionals
The following are changes to Electronic Clinical Quality Measures (eCQMs) available for eligible professionals and eligible clinicians for 2019 reporting:
CMS eCQM ID
Measure Title and Description CMS249v1
Appropriate Use of DXA Scans in Women Under 65 Years Who Do Not Meet the Risk Factor Profile for Osteoporotic Fracture: Percentage of female patients aged 50 to 64 without select risk factors for osteoporotic fracture who received an order for a dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry (DXA) scan during the measurement period.
HIV Screening: Percentage of patients 15-65 years of age who have ever been tested for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).
- CMS65v8: Hypertension: Improvement in Blood Pressure
- CMS123v7: Comprehensive Diabetes Care: Foot Exam
- CMS158v7: Pregnant women that had HBsAg testing
- CMS164v7: Ischemic Vascular Disease (IVD): Use of Aspirin or Another Antiplatelet
- CMS167v7: Diabetic Retinopathy: Documentation of Presence or Absence of Macular Edema and Level of Severity of Retinopathy
- CMS169v7: Bipolar Disorder and Major Depression: Appraisal for alcohol or chemical substance use
As of today, the new measures are not found on the CMS website, but will be posted at https://qpp.cms.gov/mips/explore-measures/quality-measures sometime later this year.
If you have questions or comments about this article please contact us. Comments that provide additional related information may be added here by our Editors.
Latest articles: (any category)How to Code Ophthalmologic Services Accurately
June 6th, 2019 - Aimee Wilcox, CPMA, CCS-P, CST, MA, MT, Director of Content
May 31st, 2019 - Namas
May 29th, 2019 - Aimee Wilcox, CPMA, CCS-P, CST, MA, MT, Director of Content
May 27th, 2019 - Wyn Staheli, Director of Research
May 27th, 2019 - Evan M. Gwilliam DC MBA BS CPC CCPC QCC CPC-I MCS-P CPMA CMHP
May 21st, 2019 - Chris Woolstenhulme, QCC, CMCS, CPC, CMRS
May 21st, 2019 - Christine Taxin